Department: Finance & Administration
Job Reports To: Senior Accountant
Based: Houston, Tx
Type/Compensation: Job Full Time- Exempt
Seven Seas Water Group
Seven Seas Water Group (www.sevenseaswater.com) is a portfolio company owned by investment funds managed by Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (“MSIP”). Seven Seas Water Group operates two businesses within the water infrastructure space. Seven Seas Water provides water and wastewater solutions for governmental and industrial customers in Latin America and the Caribbean. AUC Group (www.aucgroup.net) provides decentralized wastewater treatment plants for industrial and municipal customers in the United States. Seven Seas Water delivers ~18 billion gallons of clean water annually and operates eleven large water treatment plants internationally. AUC Group has more than 140 wastewater treatment plants under lease in the United States with property developers, municipal customers, and utility districts. The company’s various water and wastewater facilities consistently maintain plant availability above 97% for its customers.
Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (“MSIP”) is a leading global private infrastructure investment platform. Founded in 2006, MSIP has made over 30 investments across its three flagship, closed-ended funds. Since inception, MSIP has had more than $13 billion in commitments. For further information about Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners, please visit www.morganstanley.com/im/infrastructurepartners.
The Staff Accountant performs day to day accounting tasks to support the AUC Group business and is based in our Houston, Texas office. The Staff Accountant is responsible for a broad array of basic accounting and financial analysis functions. The position requires the ability to multi-task in an entrepreneurial, team-oriented, high growth business environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and account analysis to support the monthly financial close process
- Posting and coding of project and office related expenses with an emphasis on accuracy
- Preparation of weekly AP Reports including researching purchase order receipts without corresponding invoices
- Participate in reconciliation of company credit card activity to expense reports
- Assist with accounts receivable billing duties and the application of cash receipts
- Produce monthly recurring schedules, audit schedules, and ad hoc reporting
- Participate in semi-monthly project meetings to understand project status and assist with project completion
- Assist with Company compliance (Sales and Use Tax, Property Tax, DOT, etc.)
- Working closely with other functional areas and business management to resolve issues and support achievement of business goals
- Additional projects and duties as needed to support the accounting department and the overall business.
- Similar experience as Staff Accountant or relevant role in an accounting department
- Excellent computer skills including Advanced Excel skills and with experience preparing and maintaining spreadsheets
- Experience with an accounting ERP system a plus (Oracle, SAP, Edwards, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to multi-task with a team orientation and respond to the demands of a high growth business environment
- Must have attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- A minimum of two years’ experience preferably in public accounting
- Experience with job cost or manufacturing preferred
How to Apply:
Please submit resumes to Talent@7seaswater.com.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Applicant will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.