Position Title: USVI Operations Engineer
Reports To: Plant Manager or Regional Manager
Location: St Croix or St Thomas, USVI
Type/Compensation: Salaried exempt; base pay plus annual discretionary bonus
Seven Seas Water Group (www.sevenseaswater.com) is a portfolio company owned by investment funds managed by Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (“MSIP”). Seven Seas Water Group operates two businesses within the water infrastructure space. Seven Seas Water provides water and wastewater solutions for governmental and industrial customers in Latin America and the Caribbean. AUC Group (www.aucgroup.net) provides decentralized wastewater treatment plants for industrial and municipal customers in the United States. Seven Seas Water delivers ~18 billion gallons of clean water annually and operates eleven large water treatment plants internationally. AUC Group has more than 140 wastewater treatment plants under lease in the United States with property developers, municipal customers, and utility districts. The company’s various water and wastewater facilities consistently maintain plant availability above 97% for its customers.
Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (“MSIP”) is a leading global private infrastructure investment platform. Founded in 2006, MSIP has made over 30 investments across its three flagship, closed-ended funds. Since inception, MSIP has had more than $13 billion in commitments. For further information about Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners, please visit www.morganstanley.com/im/infrastructurepartners.
This role will be working in St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands, and candidates must be legally authorized to work there. Only applicants from the U.S., and U.S. Virgin Islands will be considered. As an Operations Engineer at any of the Seven Seas Sea Water Reverse Osmosis (SWRO) plants in the USVI, the principal responsibility is to ensure the efficient operations of the plant. Operations Engineers will be given significant responsibility for monitoring and adjusting process details, data maintenance and analysis, operational decision making, starting and stopping equipment, client communications, and leading the operations team in process related and maintenance activities. Direct support of the Site Supervisor in leading the local Operations staff and interacting as required with clients is expected. Working cross-functionally with Engineering/Project Management, Field Services and Business Development teams is expected to facilitate further growth of the business. Maximizing plant uptime, driving efficiency, and maintaining a safe work environment are essential components of the role. The Operations Engineer is typically on a track to become a Plant Manager and will often serve as assistant Plant Manager, assuming full responsibility for Operations in the absence of the Plant Manager. Detailed duties, responsibilities and qualifications are listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Operators in execution of maintenance and operations activities for plants
- Work with Operations Manager to prepare budgetary estimates for annual operating costs
- Ensure effective communication with Caribbean Operations Support & Field Engineering team, Design/Engineering, and business leadership
- Drive timely, on-budget project execution – serve as liason with local sub-contractors, etc.
- Ensure all preventive maintenance programs are completed on time and documented as such
- Provide ongoing training to operators on system operation and maintenance
- Provide documentation of plant condition, operations data and accurate/timely field reports
- Make Engineering/Operations recommendations for system improvements to management
- Understand drawings including mechanical piping, P&ID’s, electrical and general equipment
- Create a safe work environment and maintain clean site appearance
- Review/recommend/implement/maintain Environmental Health and Safety initiatives
- Maintain state of the art education through manufacturer coursework/reading manuals on the process and equipment, preventive maintenance, rebuilding, repairing or replacement techniques and assist in standardization and rollout of maintenance philosophy and techniques to operators
Qualified candidates must meet citizenship/work permit requirements, and be eligible to work in St. Croix, and be able to relocate ( if currently living in the U.S. or another island)
- Skilled in use of computers, Microsoft Office suite of programs & generally IT literate
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in the English language
- Must possess a passport and have no criminal history in order to obtain work visas
- Must be able to read, understand and make good use of process and instrumentation drawings
- Must be physically fit and capable of physically working on equipment mentioned above
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field providing significant background knowledge to the RO process and its physical, chemical, and electrical cornerstones.
How to Apply
Please send resumes to email@example.com
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Applicant will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.