Job Title: Network Security Engineer, Lead
Department: Information Technology
Job Reports To: Director of Information Technology
Date of last change/origination: 8/25/2022
Based: Tampa, FL
Seven Seas Water Group (www.sevenseaswater.com) is a portfolio company owned by investment funds managed by Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (“MSIP”). Seven Seas Water Group operates two businesses within the water infrastructure space. Seven Seas Water, which provides water treatment and desalination for governmental and industrial customers in Latin America and the Caribbean, and the AUC Group (www.aucgroup.net), which provides decentralized wastewater treatment plants for industrial and municipal customers in the United States. Seven Seas Water delivers ~18 Bn gallons of clean water annually. We operate 11 water treatment plants internationally. We have more than 140 wastewater treatment plants under lease in the United States with property developers, municipal customers, and utility districts. We consistently maintain a +97% plant availability for our customers.
Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (“MSIP”) is a leading global private infrastructure investment platform. Founded in 2006, MSIP has made over 30 investments across its three flagships, closed-ended funds. Since inception, MSIP has had more than $13 billion in commitments. For further information about Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners, please visit www.morganstanley.com/im/infrastructurepartners.
Seven Seas Water is searching for a talented and experienced Network Security Engineer, Lead. This role is perfect for a highly experienced and proactive person with outstanding engineering skills who thrives on being a leader and is passionate about new technologies. The Network Security Engineer, Lead will be responsible for maintaining and administering our company’s computer networks and cybersecurity initiatives. The primary duties will include maintenance and troubleshooting of computer networks, industrial networks, hardware, software, and other related systems. Performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data, software, and hardware from attacks internal and external. You will also be working closely with the users, contractors, and remote staff of our network in order to proactively identify potential issues and fix existing problems. You will also oversee the operations, and tasks of multidisciplined analysts and engineers from a mentorship and validation perspective.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Plan, develop, implement and update company’s IT security strategy
- Security testing, Intrusion detection and Prevention, Documentation
- Develop, execute, and track the performance of security measures to protect information and network infrastructure and computer systems.
- Perform Benchmarking to validate configuration, and design implementation.
- Manage outside service providers
- Manage Network Implementation & Configuration (Meraki, Cisco, and Dell hardware)
- Manage Firewall Policy design, Implementation & Configuration (Meraki)
- Provide professional network diagram and operational support documentation to project manager.
- Manage Professional Industrial Control Network Design (Rockwell Automation knowledge is a plus)
- Maintain and enhance Disaster Recovery and Backup programs (AWS knowledge is a plus)
- Monitor network for device failures, network performance degradation, system alarms
- Proactively recommend network enhancements to operations and engineering to limit reactive troubleshooting events and plant downtime.
- Reactively troubleshoot failures/issues, determine scope of problem, design & implement solutions
- Educate and train Company personnel on IT systems security and best practices
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Comprehensive knowledge of network hardware, software, and system engineering processes
- Comprehensive knowledge of firewalls, access control, rule provisioning and cybersecurity posture
- Experience with business and IT strategy development, IT portfolio management, systems engineering and other related disciplines
- Experience with Industrial networks and SCADA Control Systems (Rockwell Automation, Stratix Switches)
- Excellent communication skills to directly communicate across functional teams toward common solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and proficient technical writing and diagramming tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of experience in working in Information Technology in technical roles
- CCNA Industrial, CCNP R&S or equivalent experience required
- Experience with at least two of the following technologies: (a) TCP/IP network design, implementation. administration. and support. (b) Network security design, implementation. administration. and support. (c) Network management and monitoring. (d) remote access and VPN
- Industrial experience with network infrastructure, design, and troubleshooting
How to Apply
Please submit resumes to Talent@7seaswater.com.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Applicant will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.