Job Title: Field Engineer
Department: Field Services
Job Reports To: VP Field Services
Date of last change/origination: 4/22/2022
Based: Tampa, Florida
Type/Compensation: Job Full Time- Exempt Range: 65K annual salary/benefits
Seven Seas Water Group (www.sevenseaswater.com) is a portfolio company owned by investment funds managed by Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (“MSIP”). Seven Seas Water Group operates two businesses within the water infrastructure space. Seven Seas Water, which provides water treatment and desalination for governmental and industrial customers in Latin America and the Caribbean, and the AUC Group (www.aucgroup.net), which provides decentralized wastewater treatment plants for industrial and municipal customers in the United States. Seven Seas Water delivers ~18 Bn gallons of clean water annually. We operate 11 water treatment plants internationally. We have more than 140 wastewater treatment plants under lease in the United States with property developers, municipal customers, and utility districts. We consistently maintain a +97% plant availability for our customers.
Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (“MSIP”) is a leading global private infrastructure investment platform. Founded in 2006, MSIP has made over 30 investments across its three flagships, closed-ended funds. Since inception, MSIP has had more than $13 billion in commitments. For further information about Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners, please visit www.morganstanley.com/im/infrastructurepartners.
The Field Engineer position requires experience working on the installation, operation, troubleshooting and repair of seawater reverse osmosis and membrane bioreactor water treatment plants. The position requires up to 75% travel time throughout the Caribbean region and Florida. Daily tasks require the ability to perform work in a wide variety of skill sets including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, chemical and controls. General understanding of water purification and waste treatment system processes is a must in order to be able to effectively troubleshoot and repair systems. Must have ability to communicate effectively and interact positively with operators, laborers, clients, managers, vendors and design/project engineers of various cultures and capabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Electrical: install/rebuild/replace/program controls, motors, drives, solenoids, connections, etc.
- Electrical: all manner of work on supply, control and instrumental electrical
- Process: troubleshoot system processes and repair as needed
- Mechanical: install/rebuild/repair/replace pumps, couplings, valves, vessels, piping, etc.
- Hydraulic/Pneumatic: cylinders, controls, piping, connections, vessels
- Chemical/Process: batching, dosing, troubleshooting, membrane cleaning/replacement
- Provide detailed documentation of plant condition(s) and accurately/timely field reports
- Customer service oriented
- Experienced in construction, operation and maintenance of water systems
- Make recommendations for system improvements to management
- Understand drawings including mechanical piping, P&ID’s, electrical and general equipment
- Assist in preparing startup/commissioning/operating procedures
- Setup/startup/maintenance of instrumentation
- Provide training to operators on system operations and maintenance
- Work with operators to maintain a safe work environment on the job site
- Review/recommend/implement Environmental Health and Safety initiatives
- Become educated through manufacturer coursework/reading manuals on the process and equipment installation, preventative maintenance, rebuilding or replacement techniques and then assist in standardization and rollout of maintenance philosophy and techniques to water treatment plant operators.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Skilled in the use of computers Microsoft Office and Programmable Logic Control programs
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in the English language
- Must possess a passport and have no criminal history in order to obtain work visas
- Must be able to read and understand and make good use of process and instrumentation drawings
- Must be physically fit and capable of physically working on equipment mentioned above
- College degree, or a combination of trade-school education and work experience.
How to Apply
Send Resumes to Talent@7Seaswater.com
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Applicant will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.