Job Title: Electrical / Controls Engineer
Job Reports To: Sr. Electrical / Controls Engineer
Date of last change/origination:
Based: Tampa, Florida
Type/Compensation: Job Full Time- Exempt
Seven Seas Water Group (www.sevenseaswater.com) is a portfolio company owned by investment funds managed by Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (“MSIP”). Seven Seas Water Group operates two businesses within the water infrastructure space. Seven Seas Water, which provides water treatment and desalination for governmental and industrial customers in Latin America and the Caribbean, and the AUC Group (www.aucgroup.net), which provides decentralized wastewater treatment plants for industrial and municipal customers in the United States. Seven Seas Water delivers ~18 Bn gallons of clean water annually. We operate 11 water treatment plants internationally. We have more than 140 wastewater treatment plants under lease in the United States with property developers, municipal customers, and utility districts. We consistently maintain a +97% plant availability for our customers.
Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (“MSIP”) is a leading global private infrastructure investment platform. Founded in 2006, MSIP has made over 30 investments across its three flagships, closed-ended funds. Since inception, MSIP has had more than $13 billion in commitments. For further information about Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners, please visit www.morganstanley.com/im/infrastructurepartners.
This is a hybrid role. Candidates must be living in the Greater Tampa Bay area, and be comfortable commuting to the office 2-3 days/week. Candidates will also need to be comfortable with travel throughout our locations in the Caribbean as needed for local project support. The Electrical / Controls Engineer position requires experience in designing electrical power and control systems for integrated mechanical systems. Experience in seawater reverse osmosis (SWRO) desalination industry is a plus, but not required.
Responsible for overseeing design and completion of control systems for large SWRO systems. Must be experienced with PLC architecture and programming. Capable of programming as well as overseeing PLC design and programs of other programmers and engineers. Capable of developing electrical one-lines. Capable of specifying all power distribution equipment including transformers, switchgear, MCCs, drives, panelboards, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Implement electrical and controls designs to support company’s new SWRO plant construction projects and support existing plant operations.
- Oversee troubleshooting and resolution of electrical and controls issues in existing plants.
- Support electrical and controls portions of startups of equipment in the field.
- Prepare design and cost estimates for new electrical systems during the bidding phase of new projects.
- Work directly with customer electrical engineers to complete system installation.
- Work directly with electrical contractors creating and executing on works scopes and bid packages.
- Other related duties may be assigned as required.
- Strong diverse background in industrial automation (40%); electrical power distribution (40%); and electrical and controls drawing generation using AutoCad (20%)
- Plant automation experience applying: PLCs, HMIs, industrial networks, Ethernet switches, E-Stops, plant process instrumentation, etc.
- Plant power distribution design experience (primarily 480 V), sizing and applying: switchboards, transformers, MCCs, VFDs, distribution panels, circuit breakers, feeder cables, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting plant electrical and controls issues, and implementing solutions, both on-site and remotely.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization or project.
- Knowledge and application experience with Rockwell ControlLogix PLC and FactoryTalk View SE HMI and RSLogix 5000 software strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and application experience with Rockwell and Sq-D drives preferred.
- Plant electrical equipment installation and wiring supervision experience desired.
- Knowledge of Medium Voltage power distribution, a plus.
- Knowledge of grounding system design, cabletray layout, lighting design, a plus.
- Supervisory experience coordinating electrical contractors, a plus.
- Ability to travel to the Caribbean and Latin America (10%-20%).
This position requires a minimum of BSEE degree and 10+ years of closely related industrial experience, as outlined above.
How to Apply
Email Resumes to email@example.com
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Applicant will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.