Job Title: Division Controller
Department: Finance and Administration
Job Reports To: Global Controller
Based: Tampa, Florida
Type/Compensation: Job Full Time- Exempt
Seven Seas Water Group
Seven Seas Water Group (www.sevenseaswater.com) is a portfolio company owned by investment funds managed by Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (“MSIP”). Seven Seas Water Group operates two businesses within the water infrastructure space. Seven Seas Water provides water and wastewater solutions for governmental and industrial customers in Latin America and the Caribbean. AUC Group (www.aucgroup.net) provides decentralized wastewater treatment plants for industrial and municipal customers in the United States. Seven Seas Water delivers ~18 billion gallons of clean water annually and operates eleven large water treatment plants internationally. AUC Group has more than 140 wastewater treatment plants under lease in the United States with property developers, municipal customers, and utility districts. The company’s various water and wastewater facilities consistently maintain plant availability above 97% for its customers.
Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (“MSIP”) is a leading global private infrastructure investment platform. Founded in 2006, MSIP has made over 30 investments across its three flagship, closed-ended funds. Since inception, MSIP has had more than $13 billion in commitments. For further information about Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners, please visit www.morganstanley.com/im/infrastructurepartners.
The corporate headquarters is in Tampa, Florida with operations across the US, Caribbean, and Latin America.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
The Division Controller will lead the accounting operations for the Seven Seas Water Division. The position will sit on our Tampa, FL office and reports to the Global Controller. The Division Controller responsibilities include:
- Managing all aspects of the monthly financial closing cycle to produce accurate and timely financials
- Preparation and consolidation of the financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS
- Responsible for oversight of the general accounting department, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions
- Researching and implementing accounting policies for new transactions and/or new accounting pronouncements
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure timely completion of audit requirements
- Assist with maintaining the internal control framework and establishing best practices
- Preparation of management and ad-hoc reporting including analyzing performance versus budget
- Management of staff primarily based in Tampa, FL as well as a few internationally based
- Utilize ERP system to facilitate processes and maintain records
- Proven experience as a Division Controller or similar position
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP with experience in accounting research
- International accounting experience required including accounting for multiple currencies
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience presenting to senior management
- Ability to work well with team members and other departments at all levels within the organization
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of financial systems including ERP systems and Consolidation and Reporting
- Well organized with ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Spanish speaker a plus
- International travel required as needed
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive accounting and financial experience. Big 4 and/or public company experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Supervisory experience
- CPA required
How to Apply
Email resumes to email@example.com
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. Veterans are welcome and urged to apply.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.