Position Title: Associate General Counsel
Reports to: General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer
Location: Tampa, Florida
Seven Seas Water Group (www.sevenseaswater.com) is a portfolio company owned by investment funds managed by Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (“MSIP”). Seven Seas Water Group operates two businesses within the water infrastructure space. Seven Seas Water, which provides water treatment and desalination for governmental and industrial customers in Latin America and the Caribbean, and the AUC Group (www.aucgroup.net), which provides decentralized wastewater treatment plants for industrial and municipal customers in the United States.
Seven Seas Water delivers ~18 Bn gallons of clean water annually. We operate 11 water treatment plants internationally. We have more than 150 wastewater treatment plants under lease in the United States with property developers, municipal customers and utility districts. We consistently maintain a +97% plant availability for our customers.
Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners (“MSIP”) is a leading global private infrastructure investment platform. Founded in 2006, MSIP has made over 30 investments across its three flagship, closed-ended funds. Since inception, MSIP has had more than $13 billion in commitments. For further information about Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners, please visit http://www.morganstanley.com/im/infrastructurepartners.
As part of a growing company, working closing with the General Counsel, this attorney will join the legal team responsible for day-to-day corporate governance, regulatory affairs, commercial transactions, procurement, litigation and claims and compliance matters for the Seven Seas Water Group. The successful candidate will provide advice and counsel on complex legal matters while focusing on building and maintaining strong relationships with business leaders and colleagues. The successful candidate will be organized, attentive to detail, exercise sound decision-making, and escalate issues when appropriate.
The Responsibilities Include
The successful candidate will have a high level of energy and engagement and the flexibility to work in a high-paced, deadline-driven organization, where timely execution of high-quality work product is expected. Other responsibilities:
- Advising on a wide range of legal issues, with a focus on guiding the business on the application of legal and regulatory obligations.
- Assisting with review and refinement of client facing documents, forms, letters and disclosures.
- Identifying potential issues and working with appropriate business partners to provide solutions.
- Communicating with leadership and business partners regarding high-level legal projects and issues
- Manage external counsel, mitigate legal costs and general litigation
- Review and manage general contracts, third-party agreements and vendor/supplier relationships
- Assist management with compliance, employment law concerns and company policies
- Provide legal counseling to senior management on matters such as business strategic planning, claims and disputes, contracts with suppliers, licenses, and protecting intellectual property
- Understand and ensure company-wide compliance with privacy & data protection laws
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Strong business acumen and legal skills.
- Must be fluent (bi-lingual) in English and Spanish speaking and writing.
- Ability to understand business needs and partner with key stakeholders to create effective legal solutions and support to our business
- At least 3-5 years of legal practicing experience at a law firm, financial institution, government agency, insurance company, regulator and/or self-regulatory organization with demonstrated financial services experience.
- Proficient in handling a large number of issues and competing priorities in a fast paced and rapidly evolving environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact effectively and professionally at all levels
- JD Degree
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
- Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction
How to Apply
Email resumes to email@example.com
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law.
In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans Applicant will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.