At Seven Seas Water, we are dedicated to providing a safe and healthful environment for employees and customers, protecting the public, and preserving the assets and property of the Company and its affiliates. We make all reasonable efforts to comply with government regulations pertaining to Environmental, Health and Safety or apply “best practice” in geographic areas where the regulatory environment may be insufficient.
Our EHS policies assist management and non-supervisory employees in controlling hazards and risks which will minimize employee and customer injuries, damage to customer’s property and damage or destruction of Seven Seas Water property. In addition, site specific programs are designed to encourage all employees to promote the safety of their fellow employees and customers, and to encourage them to take personal accountability for protecting the environment around them. To accomplish our EHS goals, all members of management are responsible and accountable for implementing our policies, and to insure they are followed.
• EHS is integrated into all of Seven Seas Water’s key business decisions. Safe equipment, adequate tools, training, and the necessary protective equipment are provided to ensure safety of our employees and the protection of others.
• To maintain a comprehensive program and our commitment to a safe working environment, Seven Seas Water’s operating facilities and job sites are subject to periodic safety inspections. Audits and inspections ensure employee surroundings and equipment are safe when used as intended.
• Our Safety, Steering and Wellness Committees are an important part of the Company’s environmental, health and safety management effort. Managers and supervisors can gain valuable assistance in their areas by a joint effort with their committee members.
• Seven Seas Water investigates and tracks any reported incident through a web based Incident Management System. This system allows SSW to follow an efficient process to investigate and evaluate trends for reported incidents and reduce re-occurrence.
• While there are no mandated standards for the water industry, Seven Seas Water has long term monitoring plans in place that will play a vital role in improving our understanding of the sensitivity of the marine environment.
• While there are no mandated emissions reductions for the water sector, Seven Seas Water adopts all feasible measures to lessen the impact of greenhouse gasses associated with desalination.
Meeting the Environmental, Health and Safety objectives are an important part of the Company’s core values and the collective responsibility of all our employees.